Numbers don’t lie. Whether on social media or your webpage, video is becoming the best way to give your brand exposure. Check out our infographic with key video statistics that can inform your marketing plans for this year.
Video marketing at a glance:
- Video content will represent 74% of all internet traffic in 2017.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- 81% of brands feature video on their website.
- 85% of the internet audience in the United States watches online video content.
- Men spent 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women.
- Millennials spend the most time watching online videos.
Why are they watching?
- 69% of consumers prefer to watch a video rather than read text when both are available.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
Who is using video?
- 61% of businesses have incorporated video as a marketing tool to increase visibility in the digital world.
- 45% of businesses have an explainer video on their home page.
Why your brand should care:
- 57% of consumers say watching a video gives them more confidence to purchase online.
- 76% of marketing professionals name video as the type of content with the best return on investment.
- Adding a video to a brand’s landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- Viewers who completed a product video were 25% more likely to convert than those who didn’t.
Using social media to make your video go even further:
- Half of social video views take place on YouTube; Facebook is second at 36%.
- Video posts on Facebook have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts.
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter.
Video statistics don’t tell the whole story, but they provide context and direction.